Monday, January 24, 2011
Symbolic Portrait: For real this time!
Because I have been sitting in front of my sketchbook without finding any ideas for the past three work days, I have decided to change my topic. I can't think of enough things about Cameron to make the portrait interesting (not that he isn't an interesting person), so I am thinking of doing Stephen Colbert, my favorite comedian. He is basically a self-centered character that parodies of Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, etc. Because he airs at 11:30, my family Tivos it (or whatever recording thing Dad has. Not sure), and watches it every night. One of the things I like best about him is that he plays a character, and can therefore be the most "out there" because he won't get criticized for it. Because of this, there will be all sorts of symbols/objects I can use for him: There two sides of him to describe (character and real life), along with all of the times he has eaten dog food, or tried out for the Nicks, or "joined" the army. This way, the easy part will be coming up with ideas (usually the hardest part for me), and the hard part will be arranging them in a way that is interesting.
Labels:
brainstorming
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment