Monday, February 14, 2011

Initial Reflection

Look through your blog. Go all the way back to the beginning of the year. Look especially closely at your finished work. Think about how the year has gone for you. Now, write a detailed paragraph that describes how the course has gone for you. What have you found to be your artistic strengths? What have been your challenges? What do you think you’ll leave the class thinking about? How can you see it influencing your life in the future?


First of all, I think that the year has gone by really fast, but I don't think that is what the first question is asking for.  I don't think I am the most talented artist in the class, but I think that my strengths are mostly my patience, effort, and planning.  I put a lot of work into my art, even before I get my paper.  This is not necessarily a good thing because it takes me a lot longer to come up with an idea, but I don't think my work would turn out as good as if I rushed through it.  For example, I still haven't started that symbolic portrait.  I need to get started on that...  Anyways, I think that it has been one of my challenges too because I have a much easier time working on one thing at a time, and I need an idea for the individual project in addition to the symbolic portrait.  Gah!  I usually leave class thinking about lunch, but I think I will leave the last day of class thinking about how I have changed as an artist.  I think I have improved a lot and explored a lot of new materials, and will be sad when this class is over.  It will probably influence my life in the future because I enjoyed it and will do an art class next year (probably drawing and painting).  I wasn't sure about doing an art class this year because I didn't like my art class at my old school much, but I think a second, third, and fourth try at this school would be awesome.

1 comment:

  1. A good post Daniel...I agree that you have put a lot of effort into planning. In some ways it has "slowed" you down but I don't see this as a bad thing. I appreciate the time and effort you've put into your sketchbook. Is it possible that in the end the sketchbook is the final product?

    ReplyDelete