Friday, February 25, 2011

Process Reflection Two

This is me, upside down and working on my
weave thing.
You’ve been hard at work on your final project.  What did you accomplish in the last week?  What challenges have you faced?  What are the next steps?  What do you plan to do in the week ahead?  Include a photo of your work in progress or of you at work (see class site for pics).


This week, I mainly worked on my symbolic portrait and independent project.  I finally finished my Stephen Colbert "robot picture," and have been going through my sketchbook to find more project ideas.  Today, I finished two independent pieces using ideas from the sketchbook, and I am thinking of doing a longer one next week (maybe).  I had trouble drawing wooden blocks in a certain formation, and will probably ask you sometime on Monday how to draw them.  As you probably know, my challenge this week was to come up with something for Robot Stevie's "legs."  After about two hours of watching "art pictures" on a classmate's screen and scribbling out ideas in my sketchbook, I finally got it, and drew flamboyant "stars and stripes" pants.  As I said before, my next step is to ask you for help on drawing the blocks, and then making my own drawing of them.

It's a little off topic, but if you would like to see Stephen Colbert try out for the New York Knicks, click here.  :)

1 comment: