Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pile of Sticks

Today you drew a pile of sticks.  You were asked to draw as if you were building the pile with the marks of your pencil.  You tried to make your drawing from the general to the specific.  How did it go?  How did it feel to make the drawing?  How do you feel about the outcome?


I enjoyed today's activity a lot more than the strips of paper we tried to draw last week.  It was definitely challenging, and in the beginning it looked overwhelming.  I had no idea where to start, and it seemed weird to cover the paper with lines.  However, as the class moved on, I began to get the hang of it, and by the time drawing was over, I could barely believe it had been 40 minutes.  The hardest part of the drawing for me was the middle, where all of the sticks were intertwined.  I can draw a reasonable looking stick, but I could barely distinguish between any of the sticks in the middle, and because there were 5, 6, or 7 shades of gray, I had to keep picking up different pencils.  I did actually end up liking the outcome because it actually looked like a pile of sticks, unlike last week where I don't think I did as well.  I feel like I am improving, which is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment