Monday, September 20, 2010

Extending our findings from The Pour Paintings

Describe your idea for extending your findings in the pour paintings into a new work of art. As well, describe some of the feedback you got on your ideas from your classmates.


For my new, extended pour painting, I am going to keep some of the themes from my earlier pour painting, but alter it because I now have full control over the shapes of the objects.  Some themes from the earlier painting were birds, nature, and people in nature, so I decided to keep those.  I also noticed a lot of oranges and greens in my pour painting, so I will continue to use them in the extended pour painting.  For the new work of art, I will draw a man walking down a path at sunset with an owl in the background.


I have not gotten very much feedback on my artwork and ideas yet, but Eric has helped me on my pour painting a lot.  Whenever I got stuck, I would ask him what he saw in the pour paintings, and he saw a lot.  Whenever he would ask me, I would help him too.  He would also offer encouragement and support, which was great.  I don't think my painting would have turned out nearly as well without Eric's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment