Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Talk and Draw

When I first heard that we were drawing based on an explanation, I will admit my first thought was, "Uh oh..."  I have done this type of activity before, and it has always been challenging for me to explain something I see to another person.  I was placed in a group with three people, which added to the challenge.  When I was the explainer, one of the difficulties was that my group members didn't finish drawing parts of their picture at the same time, so I had to explain it to both of them.  Also, because I couldn't use the word "bottle" or "bowl," I needed to explain in a way that was easy to understand so that I didn't confuse them.  Needless to say, the final result was not perfect.  If I had the activity to do again, I would try to explain the objects better.  If I were describing a bottle, I would say "a hollow cylinder that thins as it goes upwards into an opening," instead of "container."  That way, my group members would be less confused and frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment