![]() |
| This guy is upside down... If it were right side up, there would be two people with big chins with a couple of birds. |
I will admit, when I first heard we were doing "pour paintings," I had no idea where you were going with them. It felt kind of like I was back in first grade, making a huge mess of everything using paint. I had very little control over how the painting turned out, so I decided to make the best of it, pick my favorite colors (yellow and blue), and experiment with them. I was surprised to see that it turned out really cool. There were big, black splotches all around the painting (presumably where thick paint was gathered), and there were some areas that looked like rainbows (most likely where thin paints met).
When I took another look at the pour a couple of days later, the first thing I noticed was a splotch that looked like the head of a person. The next thing I noticed was a splotch shaped like a beak, which eventually became a bird. As more and more "birds" seemed to show up, I decided on a birdwatching theme. This turned out to work great, and it is now where I am taking the extended painting.

No comments:
Post a Comment