In a post on your blog describe how the drawing experience today felt. Describe specifically what you feel is successful about the results and/or anything you learned during the process.
Originally, the prospect of drawing a cup, a block, and a pine cone for half an hour sounded boring to me. Paper cups, I thought. I can barely contain my excitement. As always, when we began the activity, I quickly realized there was more to it than I had previously thought (or less, depending on how you think of it). The demonstration was really helpful, and I feel that I actually learned something about drawing realistically. I began to notice where the light was and where the shadows were in the small still life, and my drawing turned out the way I wanted it (a success)! This is not to say that I am all of the sudden a master at drawing from observation, but I am proud that my drawing did not end up as a few scribbles and circles on a piece of paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment